Red Clay is looking for a Client Partner to join the Business Development team. The Client Partner’s role is to increase the company’s sales revenue by establishing new direct client relationships, maintaining and growing business within existing accounts and prospecting for new accounts.
The Client Partner works directly with Red Clay’s customers to align their business needs with the right software and services solution. This person is responsible for seeking out new sales opportunities, building the partner network, responding to RFP’s, leading sales presentations, closing new deals, and leading negotiations. In addition to uncovering new deals, he/she will also be responsible for growing key accounts through expansion of product offerings and Red Clay service offerings.
The successful candidate must have direct sales experience selling software/SaaS solutions to Enterprise Accounts as well as software implementation experience in the utility space. He/she should be comfortable interacting with clients from the meter shop to the C-Suite. Must be able to travel up to 80% - up to 4 days a week and with little notice.
A typical week might include the following:
- Prospecting for new sales opportunities
- Leading sales presentations and negotiations
- Interacting with Oracle sales representatives
- Composing responses to RFP’s, writing SOW’s and contracts
- Managing the client relationship and helping grow the account
- Attending conferences and industry events
- Conducting monthly client visits coordinated with the services team
- Entertaining clients or prospects
- Working closely with project leadership to uncover new leads at existing accounts
- Participating in client steering committee meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
- Minimum 10 years in the professional services industry with at least 5 years in Sales and Account Management for a systems integration firm
- Direct sales experience selling software/SaaS solutions to Enterprise Accounts
- Software implementation experience in the utility space
- Experience owning RFP responses, creating SOW’s, contracts and change orders.
- Participation in company strategy planning process
Skills and Specifications:
- Knowledge of Lodestar and/or Oracle Utilities product set including:
- Billing, Settlements, AMI, MDM
- Basic understanding of technical architecture and computing principles
- Able to maneuver in a highly technical environment conducting web presentations as well as face to face presentations flawlessly and with ease including a pre-sales/demo presentations
- Contract negotiations and management of the end to end sales cycle for new and existing projects
- Travel required up to 80% - up to 4 days a week and with little notice
- Highly analytical - can break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Strategic thinker – understands the bigger picture and is willing to give up short term profit for long term gain
- Professionalism with strong attention to detail and a customer sales orientation
- Strong understanding of the utility budgeting process
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic
- A solid track record of overachieving quotas
- Prefer Atlanta-based or East coast based individuals
RCC is an EOE. Only qualified candidates will elicit a response.